By Zarar Khan THE ASSOCIATED PRESS KARACHI, Pakistan – The detective leading Pakistan’s inquiry into the suicide attack on Benazir Bhutto withdrew from the case Wednesday after the former prime minister accused him of involvement in the torture of her husband in 1999, a senior official said. Ghulam Muhammad Mohtarem, home secretary of Sindh province, said the government would form a new team to investigate the deadly attack on Bhutto’s homecoming parade in Karachi last week. The bombing killed 136 people and raised fears about the country’s stability. “We know what we’re doing. We don’t need assistance,” he told reporters. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m. Bhutto has blamed Islamic militants for the attack, but has also accused elements in the government and the security services of complicity. She wants international experts to help with the investigation. The two-term prime minister specifically objected to Manzur Mughal, a senior investigator in Sindh province, claiming he had been present while her husband, Asif Ali Zardari, was tortured in custody on corruption charges in 1999. Mohtarem said that the provincial government had no doubt about Mughal’s competency and professionalism, but that Mughal decided to withdraw to protect the inquiry from accusations of bias. “The investigation team will be formed anew after Manzur Mughal disassociated himself from the investigation in view of the objections raised by Benazir Bhutto on the chief investigator’s credentials,” the home secretary said. Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz later rejected the idea of bringing in outside experts.